Thursday, November 3, 2022

Blog Post #2 (Supreme Court Video)

 I learned that the supreme court gets about 100 cases a week, while they only accept around 100 per year. I also didn't realize that most of them were concerning certiorari. The most important take-away point about the supreme court is that it's their job to interpret the constitution and each of the judges do this in a different way. The most surprising thing I learned was that the justices try to have a rule where everyone must speak once before anyone speaks twice. The video changed the way I think about the supreme court by helping me realize that in the end the judges are still people. When looking at groups that have that much power in the world it's easy to forget that they're still just human in the end and most of the time have to solve issues the same way we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog Post

  I think my relationship with technology is pretty healthy. I used to go on some social media sites to see what other people post and keep ...