Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Blog Post #6 (EOTO Presentations)

 I learned a lot of interesting facts about communication technologies during the EOTO presentations. I learned that bluetooth technology is used in hearing aids and pacemakers. I didn’t realize that cloud computing started as far back as the 50s, and there are different types of cloud deployment and service models. It was interesting to me that by 1993 the term “electronic mail” had been replaced by email. The first radio transmission was in 1906. Restrictions were put on radio broadcasts in 1917. I had no idea the first form of emoticons were used in a newspaper in 1881. Also, the first newspaper came out in 1605. These are all revolutionary kinds of communication technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog Post

  I think my relationship with technology is pretty healthy. I used to go on some social media sites to see what other people post and keep ...