Thursday, December 15, 2022

Blog Post #11

 I learned a lot during the EOTO 2 presentations. First, I learned about false flags. This is when something is incorrectly blamed on a party or country, which usually ends up in war. Then, I learned about total information awareness, a system of a large database created by combining as much information as possible about as many people as possible through computer algorithms and human analysis. I also learned about the difference between disinformation and misinformation. Disinformation is false information which is intended to mislead, while misinformation is just false or inaccurate information. I never thought about the fact that the increasingly popular streaming services prevent emergency broadcasts. I also learned that media consolidation is the concentration of ownership of our news sources into the hands of fewer and fewer corporations. Overall, the second EOTO presentations taught me a lot about online issues and privacy concerns.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog Post

  I think my relationship with technology is pretty healthy. I used to go on some social media sites to see what other people post and keep ...